Now its go a bit warmer I've been doing a few of those jobs I've been meaning to get round to and others that needed finishing off. This weekend I managed to finish off the brake lines and fuel line, a bit of work on the rear hubs, repainting the rear chassis and spring plate and fitting the new rear shocks. Last week I got the front wings on, I had a problem with the captivated nut to retain the headlight ring on the left front wing. The old bolt was stuck in, the paint shop was supposed to remove this but instead they just cut it off, this mean I had to drill it out and fix in a new nut with epoxy.
|Wing Drilled Out|
|Nut Glued in with Epoxy|
I also fitted the drop glass in the door and the window mechanism. Finally on bank holiday Monday I fitted the rear wings and the CSP LED lights.
The next major job with is a minor cause for anxiety is to get the doors to fit correctly. I found an article that takes drastic measures in which you adjust the body using the main body mounts, I'll post a link when I fit the doors if all goes well. After that is done I can fit the running boards and bumpers once they have been powder coated.
My plan for the next couple of weeks is to fit the stereo (once I figure out how to fit the glove box liner) and speaker wired, new carpet and finish off the wiring.
I'm happy with the way that the black handles and headlight rims and quarter light posts are working with the green, but I am starting to think it needs the bonnet and side trims adding to break it up.